Vegan Tofu Sausage Rolls
Delicious Vegan Tofu Sausage Rolls - Tofu and Nut Sausage Mince encased in golden and flaky Puff Pastry, served with Tomato Sauce. Perfect for parties and picnics.
- 1/2 cup Mixed Nuts
- 2 slices of stale Whole Grain Bread
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 350 grams/10 ounces Firm Tofu
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Tamari/Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Aquafaba
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 3 sheets of Ready Rolled Puff Pastry (8 inch Squares)
- Tomato Chutney, optional
- Sesame Seeds, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius and line a large baking sheet with non-stick parchment.
- In a food processor, combine Mixed Nuts, Bread, Thyme, Sage, Fennel Seeds and Cranberries. Process until it forms a fine crumb.
- Add Onion, Garlic, Tofu, Smoked Paprika, Sweet Paprika, Tamari, Aquafaba and Sriracha to the food processor. Process until you get a smooth, sausage meat like mixture. You may have to scrape the bowl down a few times.
- Test for seasoning and add Black Pepper and Salt (if needed, it should be reasonably salty already).
- Now it’s time to roll!
- Cut each 8 inch square of Puff Pastry into 4 smaller squares. You should end up with 12 squares.
- Place some of the Sausage mixture onto the first third of each square, and brush on a little Tomato Chutney if using. Roll up, Sausage Roll style!
- Cut each Sausage Roll into two, to form 2 smaller Sausage Rolls. Place rolls on baking tray, seam side down.
- Sprinkle the tops of each Sausage Roll with Sesame Seeds and pop into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Keep an eye that they don’t burn.
- Serve warm with Tomato Sauce.
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita