15-minute Easy Vegan BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Burgers
"These Easy Vegan BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Burgers are cooked on a regular basis at home and they only take about 15 minutes! (That includes cooking the chips in the air-fryer at the same time). If you're looking for the ultimate burger, this BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Burger will quickly become your favourite. You'll slow-clap after your first bite of this burger, I promise!" Recipe by Shu-Chun of Joyful Dumplings.
Serves 2 | Prep: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 can (280g) Jackfruit (use Young or Green Jackfruit in water or brine, not in syrup or ripe jackfruit)
- 1/3 cup (approx. 80ml) Vegan BBQ Sauce
- 2 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 50g Coleslaw Mix (store-bought)
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Vegan Burger buns
- Mix the coleslaw with vegan mayo and salt.
- Open the tinned green jackfruit and wash in water a couple of times, drain, deseed (including the skin of the seeds) and shred them into smaller pieces.
- Heat up a little oil in a frying pan on medium heat, sauté the jackfruit for 2-3 minutes (allow for excess moisture to evaporate) then add the BBQ sauce, light soy sauce, cumin seeds, garlic powder, and ground black pepper.
- Mix the seasoning and jackfruit together, cook for a further 3-4 minutes on low heat until the sauce becomes sticky then take off the heat.
- Heat up a griddle pan on medium-high heat without oil, cut the burger buns in half and toast them on the griddle pan (both sides) until warm and golden brown.
- Scoop the BBQ jackfruit mixture onto the bottom bun, top with coleslaw, and then the place the other bun half on top. Serve up and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!